Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers to frequently asked questions about Black Magic® products and their use. If the answer to your performance additives question isn't below, contact us by email or by phone.
- Dry the car immediately when washing. Many people prefer a chamois to remove the bulk of the water, others prefer a thirsty cotton (lint free) towel. However, a microfiber towel is perfect for the final wipe to remove the last of the water without streaking, especially on glass. They are also great for the intricate surfaces of chrome or aluminum wheels. When drying, work from the top down and be especially careful on glass since any streaks left behind are highly visible. Do the horizontal surfaces first because they do not drain as evenly and then the vertical areas. Finish with the wheels and tires. Don’t forget to wash the towels so they are clean and soft for the next time!
- Using a garden hose, rinse loose dust and mud from the entire vehicle, including wheels, tires and undercarriage. Clean the wheels and tires next using a Black Magic® Wheel Cleaner for the wheels and Black Magic® Bleche Wite® for the tires. For the body of the vehicle, work from top to bottom, one section at a time to avoid drying in the sun, especially on warmer days. Use a generous amount of Black Magic® Wet Shine Car Wash in a pail of water. Wet the top of the vehicle and soap up the roof working down to the glass. Rinse immediately to avoid drying that can leave spots and streaks. Do the hood and front end areas next, rinsing immediately. Repeat for trunk area and the sides of the vehicle. If the vehicle has dried in warm or sunny weather, follow with a final rinse to avoid spots and streaks. Dry immediately.
- Black Magic Chrome wheel cleaner is specifically formulated with an acidic PH balance to be used on chrome. you can also use Black Magic No Touch wheel cleaner which is PH neutral to be used on any wheel currently in the market.
- Clean the wheels and tires first and then shine the tires, being careful to avoid spraying the wheels with Tire Wet®. A product applied by sponge such as Black Magic® Tire Wet Gel makes this process easier.
- Our products are distributed at most major retailers including Wal-Mart, AutoZone, Advance Auto Parts, O’Reilly Auto Parts, Pep Boys, and Target. If you cannot find the product you’re looking for in your area, you may order it online at Amazon.com.
- No, it will not freeze since it is solvent based.
- No, it is recommended to use Black Magic® 2-in-1 Leather Care on leather upholstery.
- No, our wheel cleaner products will not cause damage to the brake caliper.
- Yes, this product will not hurt the vinyl.
- One ounce per gallon.
- No, this product will not affect plants because when you rinse it off it will be diluted with water so the potency of the product is not as strong. In areas with delicate plants, rinse with plenty of water to dilute and rinse away.
- No, it does not require dilution.
- No, this product is intended to be used on tires only.
- Apply a degreaser such as Blue Coral® All Purpose Cleaner and Degreaser. Otherwise, it is water soluble and will erode over time.
- It is not recommended as the product creates a high gloss shine and will reflect on the dashboard.